Foto’s voor de WPC 2020 photocontest
kunnen ingezonden worden
van 14/03/2019 tot 10/09/2019
Rights, Licenses & Releases
- All individual creators, whose images are selected for their team’s submission, are professional and artist photographers and present their original work, that they own all rights pertaining to the work or they possess the permission of the copyright holder to submit the work, as well as all necessary model release forms and permits pertaining to the image.
- All individual creators whose images are selected for their team’s submission agree to hold the World Photographic Cup harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of the WPC’s consideration, display, or other non-commercial use of the image.
- The images must be anonymous and in the case of images pertinent to advertising campaigns, they must not contain any text or graphic elements, which were not part of the original exposure. Images containing text will be immediately disqualified.
- Individual photographers agree to license to the World Photographic Cup the right to display the image(s) on the WPC website, in articles, exhibitions and publications pertaining to the World Photographic Cup competition, and for future WPC promotional purposes.
- The WPC partner companies will have the possibility to display the winning images on their media or through their products (prints, collections, exhibitions, books etc.). This opportunity will be limited to non-commercial purposes and subjected to the WPC rules and regulations on rights, licenses and releases with the authors of the images.
- The WPC and the partner companies have no rights to display the submitted images beyond those outlined in this paragraph.
- Submitted images must not be presented as being in the competition until after they are validated. The WPC Governing Committee will communicate the date from which the submitted images may be shown in public as accepted in the WPC Competition.
Images that become part of the Best of the Best internationally MUST set the highest standard and demonstrate a strong photographic foundation supported by post production enhancement opportunities. Images, to become part of the Top Ten in each category must be of unsurpassed quality in ALL aspects of original capture, retouching and creative enhancement, technical and artistic excellence.
Each team may submit up to three images in each of six categories, including:
Images with an intended use by a commercial client to promote or brand a product or company. Advertising, fashion, beauty, still life, food, architecture, corporate photography are all included in this category. Composite and non-composite images, and highly manipulated images (Photoshop or similar), are allowed as relevant in this category.
An Illustration is a graphic depiction of any concept or subject. The main principle of an Illustration is to elucidate or define a concept, story, literature, activity etc. in such a way as to provide a visual representation of the story, title or concept. Composite and non-composite images, and highly manipulated images (Photoshop or similar), are allowed as relevant in this category.
The Nature (landscape/wildlife) category consists of images intended to show the beauty of nature and wildlife. Wildlife images should be captured in their natural habitat. Panoramas are allowed in this category. Composite and non-composite images are allowed in this category.
Images should reflect the personality or personalities of the subject(s) in the image as well as the personality, artistic and technical skills of the image-maker. Judges will consider the relevance of highly manipulated (Photoshop) images as it relates to the category and subject(s) personality. Composite and non-composite images are allowed in this category.
Images that illustrate an actual public or non-public event, life, an area of human interest, telling news that have meaning on the context or record of events, high impact and/or lasting emotional response. Images that illustrate sporting events are included in this category. Basic color and brightness adjustments, cropping, dodging and burning in are allowed. Only single-capture images will be accepted. Composite and multiple exposure images will not be accepted. The original captured image (in RAW or jpg) must be available if requested by the WPC.
Images must be done in connection with an actual wedding. Images in the Wedding-category should reflect the personality or personalities of the subject(s) or the story of the wedding as well as the personality, artistic and technical skills of the image-maker. Images should include some kind of visual wedding reference(s). The original captured image (in RAW or jpg) must be available if requested by the WPC committee. Composite and non-composite images are allowed in this category.
a. Submissions will be entered via the WPC Online Entry System by each team’s designated captain using the supplied login information.
b. Colour and black & white pictures may be submitted. Images must be:
- A minimum of 4,000 pixels on the longest side
- Format: maximum-quality JPEG, to be under 16 megabytes
- Embedded profile: sRGB, Adobe 98 or Greyscale
- Digital Certificates of participation will be given to all the individual team members.
- Nation Awards certificates will be given to the author of the highest scored image of each and all entered teams (score compiled by computed results).
- Finalist certificates will be presented to the authors of the Top 10 scored pictures in each and all categories (score compiled by computed results).
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the first, second and third highest score images in each category (score compiled by computed results).
- Certificates will be awarded to the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place teams (based on aggregated score of top ten placement in all categories).
Trophies will be awarded to the second and third place teams (based on aggregated score of top ten placement in all categories).
The World Photographic Cup will be awarded to the national team which receives the highest score (based on aggregate score of top ten placement in all categories).